Our affiliate entity, Element78 Capital, provides:
- High quality, direct investment opportunities to sophisticated investors
- Proven business owners and management teams with access to patient capital
- Hands-on operating resources
Led by seasoned financial, strategy, and operating professionals, we offer both capital and a unique mix of operating, analytical, and financial skills. We make a small number of investments each year to enable careful senior attention to each of our portfolio companies along with responsive and thoughtful consideration of new opportunities. We apply successful institutional private equity, operations and wealth management disciplines whenever we’re making direct investment decisions and take a hands-on approach to identifying and implementing those key initiatives critical to a company’s success.
While not involved in day-to-day operations, we collaborate closely with management in providing assistance with a range of activities including:
- Developing long-term strategic plans
- Building financial models that simulate long-range strategic plans
- Enhancing management teams through recruiting of key hires
- Identifying and recruiting value-added Board members
- Enhancing financial management and reporting systems and processes, as well as budgeting and forecasting models
- Revamping working capital management and/or capital structure
- Assisting in negotiating key customer or supplier contracts
- Evaluating the attractiveness of a prospective adjacent market
- Identifying and evaluating add-on acquisition opportunities
We target management-assisted buyouts and focus on strategic planning and operational excellence to drive value, not financial engineering.
We look for niche, service-based businesses benefiting from favorable macro and structural trends, including demographic demand, compliance, and changing social behavior. We pursue fundamentally sound business models delivering strong value to customers, predictability, free cash flow and operating leverage.
We also make certain that proper alignment of incentives is achieved amongst partners to focus the organization on long-term, sustainable growth.
- Revenue between $10 million and $50 million
- EBITDA of $1 million to $5 million
When all the stars align, the principals of Element78 Capital will make direct investment in the company alongside its network of high net worth and family office investors and company management.